From this text I’m going to introduce some of the system related commands in LINUX.
HOW TO GET THE SYSTEM INFORMATION?
- uname : Get the OS name
- uname -i : Bit version of the OS
- uname -a : All the details about the OS
- lsb_release -a : All the information about OS version
- free : Memory information
- free -h : Memory information in printing format
- df : Disk space usage
- watch : This will show how a command is executing. Show the out put in a different terminal page and it updates every two seconds.
- ls -l : This will show all the information about a file.
- du : Size of directories
- lscpu : To get CPU details
- lshw : List hardware details
- lspci : PCI buses and connected devices
- lsusb : USB controllers and connected devices
- lsblk : All the blocked devices such as drive partitions, etc.
- dmidecode : Hardware information taken from the SMBIOS
- hdparm : Information about the sata devices
This is a very important text as it lists most of the commands needed to find out information about your computer OS, hardware details, and many others. Hope you found this text interesting. Thank You!