Hi all, from previous two posts we talked about how to create a virtual machine using virtual box and then we checked how to do various installations and customizations on our virtual machine. From this post let’s see how to create a cluster on your virtual machine.
- First I’m going to install High Availability add on and the Resilient Storage add on our virtual machine. Here I’m using previously created HTTP repository.
- Next add IP address details to /etc/hosts file.
- Before creating clusters we need to install lucci, it provide a graphical user interface for work with clusters.
- After a successful installation we can start the service.
- After starting the service for the first time we need to provide a password as well. This password is needed to access the GUI.
- Then start the GUI by following command.
service luci start
- Using the mentioned port number we can access the GUI as follows. Change the hostname to IP address.
- First time it will give a warring message and ignore it.
Now we are ready to create a cluster. Let’s see how to work with clusters from here on.
- Go to manage clusters on the GUI.
- Then click on Add icon. This will give a new pop up window to add details for the new cluster. Here the nodes are the VMs we are going to connect to the cluster. By ticking use same password we can use the same credentials for all the nodes.
- After clicking on the create cluster, it will create your cluster and show it like this.
- Under nodes you can see your VMs which are added on this cluster.
- Also we can check the details by directly from the terminal by giving following command.
- Now check the same thing from your second VM, it will show the created cluster here as well.
Now our cluster have been created successfully. Now let’s install ftp on nodes and try to add the service to cluster.
- Using yum we can install ftp.
- Now again go to your cluster from any VM. Next we are going to create a fail over domain for our cluster. Click Add on failover domains.
- Give a name, check the Prioritized check box and then prioritize nodes.
- It will look like this. Then click on Create.
- After creating the failover domain you can check it under failover domains.
- Now let’s add resources to our failover domain.
- Click on Add in Failover domains.
- It will open a pop up window like this and select script from the drop down. Give a name and click Submit.
- Now go to service groups and then click add to add a new service group to our cluster.
- Fill the relevant information and click on add resource.
- Add the ftp service you created and give the full path to the script file.
- Now click the create button.
- You can check the created cluster service like below. Now we have add ftp service to our cluster as Active/Active.
Hope now you have a clear idea about creating clusters and how to add services, failover domains, and service groups to your cluster. See you soon with another interesting topic. Thank you!