From the previous post we checked how to create clusters and how to work with them. From this post let’s talk more about clusters. Let’s see how to install httpd and then how to enable ssl with certificates.
- First we need to install mod_ssl and openssl.
- After installing, let’s see how to create a certificate using openssl. This will generate a key.
- From this command we can create a certificate, it will ask some questions like below.
- Now copy the files to following locations.
- Then add your path to certificate and the key file in the ssl.conf file.
- Now restart the httpd service.
- Now we can install tomcat by following command.
- start the service. Check whether port 8080 is listening.
- Also we can check the status of the tomcat service by using following command.
- Now let’s edit your cluster.conf file to add tomcat service to the cluster.
- Add following details to the cluster.conf file.
- Now from the GUI we can check the added details.